Monday, December 17, 2012

Where Did 2012 Go? Academic Year 4 in Review

I am glancing back at the beginning of this blog. WOW.
So much has happened.
Things that I cannot even mention here.
But so much.

As the term has ended and 2012 is quietly making its way out - ushering in 2013 I find myself wanting. Teaching still provides joy - however now the various administrative frustrations has me yearning for change.

I am not even sure what the change is. But I plan on remaining focused until some movement occurs. I think about the sadness if/when I ever move on and leave my present school. My students will be very disappointed. Some will be angry. Some will beleive that I am in fact abandoning them. There will be guilt. There will be tears. But I must remember (paraphrasing a quote) that ALL changes, even the one most hoped for, has its melancholy. We must die to one life before we can transition into another. Indeed change is on the horizon.

So...here I am...planning purposefully. Praying. Waiting.

2013? Let's go!

No comments: